Thursday, December 04, 2008

A new symptom

I had it coming, I know: Too much stress, too much pressure and almost no recovery time. So, my body presented me with a couple of new symptoms, which I have diagnosed as optical neuritis. Thank you very much....

I would like to explain it as blurred vision in my right eye. If I close the left eye, it seems like a dark grey web in front of the right eye. It makes it difficult to determine distances. It is difficult, but not impossible, to read. It makes me tired. When I close my eyes, for example to go to sleep, I experience strange "lightnings" in the right eye. And it hurts, much more than I would have expected.

It sucks, yeah. However, several things surprise me: First, it doesn't bother me as much as I would have thought. The brain seems to handle this new situation rather fine. Second, I am not depressed by it but feel surprisingly optimistic - this too will pass, I'm sure. And, I always thought that this was usually the first symptom, and since I never had it - I would never get it...

I don't want to medicate. No corticosteroids this time. Rest will have to do.

No comments: